Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Read a Happy Book Week

I've been in a real funk lately.  It seems like the whole world has been in a funk lately.  At a certain point I think all the misery out there just sucks all the happiness out of your tank.  What we all need is a refill.

So I am declaring Read a Happy Book Week.  I want you to find something that makes you happy, that will bring a few moments of joy into your life, and read the heck out of it.  That new book you've been saving up for the right moment?  Now would be the time.  The old favorite that always makes you smile?  Sounds good to me.  Does a good murder mystery always make you sigh with pleasure when the bad guy's caught and all is right with the world again?  Murder on.  And I know you all know a few good romcom authors.

The book I've picked out to start Read a Happy Book Week is Warrior by Zoe Archer.  I've heard good things about this series, and it's definite the kind of book I enjoy.  Adventure, romance, mysterious bad guys, exotic locations, and magic.  Sounds like a good time to me!

So go fill up your happy tanks, everyone.  Let us all know what book you pick, and if this little reading adventure helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment