Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Help Me Get My Mojo Back!

Have you ever felt a little "meh" about reading?  I know, heresy!  But hear me out.  I'm still working my way through the Vorkosigan series, which is wonderful as always, but I need something to cleanse the palate before diving in again.  I poked through my Kindle and found an historical romance that I started a few weeks ago and hadn't finished yet.  Now I know why I didn't finish it.  It wasn't pretty.  More on that on Wednesday.  But for right now I need something to get me reading again.  What books have helped you get your reading mojo back?  To kick things off, here's a list of books that have done it for me in the past.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
On the Edge by Ilona Andrews
Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
The Silver Master by Jayne Castle (aka Jayne Ann Krentz)
Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer
Venetia by Georgette Heyer

As you can see, there is a pretty good variety there.  Historical, futuristic, contemporary, lots of fantasy of one type or another.  I just need something a little different for a while, and then I know I'll be ready to jump right back in again.  So what do you suggest?

5 comments:

  1. You've probably already read this (I think I'm the last who hasn't), but I just finished Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. It was fun, funny, and quick paced. You can probably get through it in a day. Very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about Paranormalcy, but I haven't read it yet. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ones that have recharged me:

    The Hunger Games
    Me Talk Pretty One Day
    The Forgotten Garden
    A Vintage Affair (you have to get past the first two chapters of blah though)
    Good in Bed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Hunger Games and the Forgotten Garden. I also recommend Beautiful Creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't interested in Hunger Games at first (any book or series that popular is automatically suspicious in my mind). But several people whose taste I admire have recommended it lately, so I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete